WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

To be frank... WaW> MW2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To be frank... WaW> MW2

Post by cbranger on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 pm

I know I will be ridiculed, made fun of, and possibly even hated by many, but I would like to just be the first to say that I think WaW is better then MW2.

Infinity Ward made a great game, but they tried to add WAYYY too much. People complained about the MP40 being overpowered? Look at the RPD, AUG, M16, Models, and many other guns... they are all MP40s! Spec Ops is cool, but Zombies is 100x better. I know that zombies has almost nothing to do with WaW other then the zombies being Nazis, but the extra game mode is just plain better then Spec Ops. The extra game mode is suppose to be something that's fun and casual for when you want to take a break from the fast FAST fast multiplayer pace. People ridicule Treyarch for the mistakes they had made with messing up the invite system, making the MP40 overpowered, the castle glitches, and all other glitches but Treyarch for the most part fixed the problems and made up for their mistakes. MW2 has to many problems.... One Man Army, Danger Close, Noob Tube..... Commando..... Care package knifing.... the models, even though they were "nerfed" if you "bling" them then they are practically back to the way they were before,.....hackers..... modded games.....javelin glitch..... match making is terrible... spawn system is worse then WaW..... I mean honestly all you Treyarch haters.... think was WaW that bad and how many things are wrong with MW2. I know I won't permanently leave MW2 because everyone is playing it and it's the flavor of the year, but I will be playing a lot more WaW once I get it for 360 and repair my PS3.

That is all....

Flaming commence
cbranger
Corporal
Corporal

Tiger

Kills : 12220

Back to top Go down

Re: To be frank... WaW> MW2

Post by DitkaKenobi on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:15 pm

I'll add a couple things:

1. WaW has better maps

2. WaW has separate volume sliders which is extremely nice if you don't like obnoxious music playing every time you complete a challenge.

3. WaW allows Party Chat, which not only makes it easier to link up and communicate with friends but also streamlines the invite process if the matchmaking fails and kicks everyone out.
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 13334

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 pm

WaW was crap. MW2 may be crap, but its 10x better than anything Treyarch can release. The way i see it, all of Treyarch should be fired for making a game that was such a crap game like WaW. They focused more on their SP and the crappy zombie mode than they did MP. And i can guarantee that the next CoD game will be just as bad considering they are making it.
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 13054

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:WaW was crap. MW2 may be crap, but its 10x better than anything Treyarch can release. The way i see it, all of Treyarch should be fired for making a game that was such a crap game like WaW. They focused more on their SP and the crappy zombie mode than they did MP. And i can guarantee that the next CoD game will be just as bad considering they are making it.

Zombie mode was thrown in just for the fun of it. It caught on because it's ridiculously fun with a group of 4 friends. Which is more than I can say about Spec Ops. Then again, how can I argue the value of WaW with someone who has come with so many reasons why MW2 is better. This is your stance, from what I can tell:

WaW is crap, MW2 is less crappy crap but 10x better than any crap Treyarch can make, because Treyarch is crap and everyone should be fired for producing crap.

Awesome argument. thumbs up2
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

Lets not start arguing over which game is best again.

IMO they are both great games with obvious flaws contained in each. They are played with a different style of play and both can be equally fun. Sure MW2 is going to have a more positive response, it billions of dollars in revenue to spend on making a more complex game, advertising and a popular brand.

So to be stacked against the odds, i think Treyarch did a great job with WaW making it a solid WWII game.

Not sure how anyone could say Treyarch should be 'fired' for making WaW. I guess some people just can't get over the fact that some weapons are more powerful/efficient than others. A good player can use a variety of weapons and still do decent/enjoy the game without bashing an entire game based off of one weapon or lack of incredible kill streak rewards every 30 seconds.
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Kills : 12796

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 am

The simple solution to the debate is.....to each his/her own.

Some like WWII games better. Some like modern weaponry better. Some are zombie crazy.

It just all depends on what you like. Regardless, both games have sold very well and have large communities full of players that call both their favorite game.

MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 14995

Back to top Go down

Post by slack0matic on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:23 am

DitkaKenobi wrote:I'll add a couple things:

1. WaW has better maps

2. WaW has separate volume sliders which is extremely nice if you don't like obnoxious music playing every time you complete a challenge.

3. WaW allows Party Chat, which not only makes it easier to link up and communicate with friends but also streamlines the invite process if the matchmaking fails and kicks everyone out.

I completely agree with the party chat option and the separate volume sliders. But I honestly was not a big WaW fan. It was fun but I'm just more into the modern guns. I guess If had to pick a favorite it would be MW1 just because there was less glitches (that I noticed).
slack0matic
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 12057

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 am

MW2 has the potential to be an absolutely brilliant game.

It seems to me though, that making the game more accessible to 'casual' players has caused some consternation. The more 'dedicated' players (for want of a better expression) don't like the random elements that have been introduced into the game (care packages etc.) nor the fact that the weapons are generally easier to use and that people can put together quite devastating combinations of perks.

My own personal gripe is that the objective games have lost their focus, mainly due I think, to the overemphasis on killstreaks and the nuke.

I just hope that IW are listening to people's comments over on the IW forums, but it's hard to tell because they seem so reluctant to respond.

It's not all just bitchin' and whinging over there; there are also a number of threads containing reasoned arguments and sensible suggestions, but unfortunately they also fail to get feedback of any kind from IW.

Maybe they're just waiting a while to make sure that any changes they do make are the right ones.

I hope so.
dungbeetle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

MW2

Kills : 12587

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 am

Ya know, I had fun with WaW. I don't necessarily like it better than MW2. There is a couple reason as why I don't like it. But the main reason I don't like it, is because they didn't respond to the community. Although you may think JD_2020 or Treyarch is, they aren't. If you looked at @JD_2020's twitter, all you see is his tweets, not replys. If you look at @fourzerotwo's twitter you see replys, too the community.
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 13832

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 am

dungbeetle wrote:MW2 has the potential to be an absolutely brilliant game.

It seems to me though, that making the game more accessible to 'casual' players has caused some consternation. The more 'dedicated' players (for want of a better expression) don't like the random elements that have been introduced into the game (care packages etc.) nor the fact that the weapons are generally easier to use and that people can put together quite devastating combinations of perks.

My own personal gripe is that the objective games have lost their focus, mainly due I think, to the overemphasis on killstreaks and the nuke.

I just hope that IW are listening to people's comments over on the IW forums, but it's hard to tell because they seem so reluctant to respond.

It's not all just bitchin' and whinging over there; there are also a number of threads containing reasoned arguments and sensible suggestions, but unfortunately they also fail to get feedback of any kind from IW.

Maybe they're just waiting a while to make sure that any changes they do make are the right ones.

I hope so.

Agreed 100%. Rather than Care Packages, I wish they would have had all Killstreak Rewards dropped as crates (minus UAV, Counter-UAV, Predator Missile, and Attack Helicopter) and just left out the Care Package all together. That way, everyone would still have a chance to have a high Killstreak Reward, but they would still have to earn it by stealing it from the person who earned it. Which would be no easy task. Certainly not as easy as 4 kills (3 w/Hardline) and a roll of the dice, you know?
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt-tna on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am

meh i like mw2 better

Matt-tna
Private
Private

Kills : 11565

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 am

Like Matt said, to each his own.

i like both. Although lets not forget the online stat tracking of waw. I cant belive that IW hasn't done something like it for MW2.

Im not a fan of the many killstreaks of MW2. I miss the simplicity of 3 set killstreaks.

All my opinion of course.

bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 13063

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by khy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 am

Are you guys kidding me?
Play Cod2, then Cod3 (Treyarchs)
CoD3 is GARBAGE, and even worse when you compare it to cod2.
Now, lets look at WaW compared to CoD2.
The same...
World at War was just a fail of a game, where the cod series was going, treyarch's productions seem to back it up each time.
I mean... Vehicles in multiplayer... (their idea)
That was some bs right there!!!
The multiplayer was just... boring.
Ill put it that way.
It was plain out boring.
At least... at LEAST, if mw2 cant live up to all of your expectations...
It's fun.
And isn't that what a video game is for?
(BTW, CoD4 costs more than WaW right now at gamestop xD )

khy
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 12005

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I actually enjoy both WaW and MW2 I think the reason so many of you hate them is because you all just plain suck at them, just be thankful you actually have games to play.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 12350

Back to top Go down

Post by o Taffy Apple x on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:16 pm

The only things i would take from WAW would be party chat,volume sliders and the maps.

Everything else MW2 is better

EXCEPT MATCH MAKING
o Taffy Apple x
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 12976

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:38 pm

I don't really ever have match making problems. Of course i don't play with friends too often so maybe that is what saves me.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12475

Back to top Go down

Post by gibz22 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

waw was a terrible game i dont know y tho. probably the MP40 being waaaayyyyy too good
gibz22
Corporal
Corporal

Sniper

Kills : 11954

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Well I don't get why everyone says the MP40 is over powered because its not the Type100 and Thompson easily beat it.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by gibz22 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Khaos wrote:Well I don't get why everyone says the MP40 is over powered because its not the Type100 and Thompson easily beat it.
they r balanced out with poor recoil and small clips
gibz22
Corporal
Corporal

Sniper

Kills : 11954

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 pm

gibz22 wrote:
Khaos wrote:Well I don't get why everyone says the MP40 is over powered because its not the Type100 and Thompson easily beat it.
they r balanced out with poor recoil and small clips

You can put the Round Drum on the Thompson and an Extended Clip on the Type 100. The Thompson and Type 100 have less recoil than the MP40. I personally prefer the Thompson out of the 3 guns. I've always maintained that the MP40 seems like a better gun because it's recoil bounces it up more than the others, leading to bigger shot multipliers in the upper chest and accidental head shots. That's my stance.
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bowski477 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 pm

gibz22 wrote:waw was a terrible game i dont know y tho. probably the MP40 being waaaayyyyy too good

That cannot be the only thing that made waw a bad experience for you. I mean the MP40 bothered me just as much and the next guy/girl but the story wasnt bad (minus grenade spamming in veteren). Zombies is a good time.

But as I have said before...

to each his/her own
Very Happy

bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Kills : 13063

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:43 pm

The Thomson and Type 100 also have very good damage and a faster rate of fire, so honestly all those sub-machine guns on WaW are basically even. Same thing on MW2, all guns are basically equal what one gun doesn't have another does.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by DistrictOfDeath on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 am

bowski477 wrote:
gibz22 wrote:waw was a terrible game i dont know y tho. probably the MP40 being waaaayyyyy too good

That cannot be the only thing that made waw a bad experience for you. I mean the MP40 bothered me just as much and the next guy/girl but the story wasnt bad (minus grenade spamming in veteren). Zombies is a good time.

to each his/her own
Very Happy

The story? We've been playing this story since Infinity Ward popularized the WWII genre with Allied Assault. Modern Warfare 2 was exciting, having no idea what might happen, unlike WWII games where we know the Soviets conquer Berlin and the Japanese get bombed twice.

The MP40 made my experience pretty bad. I still like WaW, I have a 10th prestige level 65 over there, but to be frank, MW2 > WaW.
DistrictOfDeath
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

MW2

Kills : 12607

Back to top Go down

Post by slack0matic on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 am

DistrictOfDeath wrote:
bowski477 wrote:

to each his/her own
Very Happy

The story? We've been playing this story since Infinity Ward popularized the WWII genre with Allied Assault. Modern Warfare 2 was exciting, having no idea what might happen, unlike WWII games where we know the Soviets conquer Berlin and the Japanese get bombed twice.

The MP40 made my experience pretty bad. I still like WaW, I have a 10th prestige level 65 over there, but to be frank, MW2 > WaW.

Well of course you would know what is going to happen next. The earlier cod games were all based on historical events. lol if you know the history then you should know what was going to happen. Like I said before I wasnt a big fan of WaW but I actually enjoyed the story mode more than any previous cod game. Now with that said I enjoyed the story of MW2 better. Overall I agree MW2>WaW.
slack0matic
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 12057

Back to top Go down

Post by SergeantHatredx on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:49 pm

i love mw2 but when MAG comes out all cods will be old news(to those PSN members only).

anyway i will have to say WaW was fun i loved playing headquarters and was a major sniper. nazi zombies was fun but it got boring fast IMH.

mw2 was my fave but spec ops was ok but multiplayer is where its at. played a lot of ground war and free for all.
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 12181

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top