WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

MW2 Maps let me down...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MW2 Maps let me down...

Post by gdrobdog10 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm

before the release of MW2, IW promised LOTS more maps and better ones but IMO they did neither. they had what.. 2 more maps the COD4, CRAP! is it just me or are basically all the maps have 3 paths or chokeholds. either left, right, or middle path of death. and THAT my friends is why we have soooo many campers in MW2. no one wants to move down the same paths over and over. tryarch DEFF beat out IW in map creation.. plus the map rotation in Hardcore Headquarters is GARBAGE!!!! is it that difficult to make headquarters on all the maps, not just rotate the same 5 over and over.

my last vent is granade launchers.. why the hell did they make a secondary noob tube!?!?! just to piss the people off who wanted them taken out completely. in Hardcore, i die prob 75% of the time from noob tubes. it didnt help one bit that it is the first unlock for all assault weapons. PLEASE EXPLAIN IW!!! ooo wait i already know.. because just like halo 3, you wanted to make it EASY for people to get kills.. if they arent good enough to aim and shoot someone then they need to not play FPS's. video games are not about how many noobs you can get to buy the game and ruin it for everyone else, but if there was an award for that MW2 would take it HANDS DOWN!

IW, im sorry to say this but..... EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gdrobdog10
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Impaler

Kills : 11982

Back to top Go down

Re: MW2 Maps let me down...

Post by DistrictOfDeath on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Someone had a bad game, huh? Don't worry, when you have a great game, you'll be happy again. Treyarch did make better maps, but these are still playable, and I enjoy them.
DistrictOfDeath
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

MW2

Kills : 11919

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 am

Some of the maps in MW2 are quite enjoyable but they do possess the signature three path choke point style IW is known to do as they did in COD4 (but in COD4 they were much superior).

Which honestly makes most of the maps in MW2 bland and fill of unused potential. Hell some parts of most maps NEVER see action or are quite generally needed for the most part...

Treyarch has definitely beaten IW in the map design department but they have always made great map design and level design as well in their past COD games... at least in my opinion.

I'm honestly contemplating now whether I should get rid of MW2 tomorrow at Gamestop and pick up WaW instead to hold my COD interests till next November - MW2 does not keep my attention too long, unfortunately its kinda boring.

Last edited by KAIZER SOSA on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 12214

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:34 am

Oh my god, I completely agree with you 100% gdro. Treyarch had many AMAZING maps. I mean the details on Outskirts and Airfield are insane. And if anyone looks you can actually see the tiny artillery shells coming from off in the distance.

Ok back on topic. I mean, go to the back of Outskirts and tell me how amazing the details of the flowers, bombed buildings, bridges, and the cool view of the clock tower.

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Kills : 11090

Back to top Go down

Post by Horrorman on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:12 am

I only can say -> I agree with you OP

MW2 gets really boring...
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Kills : 12218

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 am

I'll agree with you on the map part for now but your forgetting there will be a lot more maps to come when they release them which should be pretty soon, but however I cannot agree with you on the grenade launcher part, if they would take off grenade launchers that would just make this game unrealistic since grenade launchers are a pretty well used item for most soldiers if you don't like getting owned by them in hardcore well you either have to suck it up and adapt to them, or switch to core where you don't die as easy these guns are powerful enough on here anyways so there's not real big difference between core and hardcore except for the explosives department.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 11662

Back to top Go down

Post by lokifeyson on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Khaos wrote:I'll agree with you on the map part for now but your forgetting there will be a lot more maps to come when they release them which should be pretty soon, but however I cannot agree with you on the grenade launcher part, if they would take off grenade launchers that would just make this game unrealistic since grenade launchers are a pretty well used item for most soldiers if you don't like getting owned by them in hardcore well you either have to suck it up and adapt to them, or switch to core where you don't die as easy these guns are powerful enough on here anyways so there's not real big difference between core and hardcore except for the explosives department.

lol, unrealistic? think about that for a sec and then think of all the unrealistic things in this game already Wink

I used to think CoD was about having at least some realism, until MW2 came out, now its just missing the ten foot jump and shields, lol

I like this game, but in no way does it inspire the competitive nature in me like MW1 or W@W did

I mean how competitive can you really get when you play a game that gives you random boxes like in mario kart?

and that's the main reason it gets "boring" for me: No real stat tracking, Lots of spawn killing, Random Boxes, Objective game modes with objective being who nukes first
lokifeyson
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Butterfly

Kills : 11565

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Unrealistic things such as the ridiculous heartbeat sensor.................................................... Must I put more dots to explain my disappointment in this terrible weapon attachment?

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Big J 0526 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 am

hammer280 wrote:Unrealistic things such as the ridiculous heartbeat sensor.................................................... Must I put more dots to explain my disappointment in this terrible weapon attachment?
Use Ninja..................................................................................................
Big J 0526
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Kills : 11625

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am

hammer280 wrote:Unrealistic things such as the ridiculous heartbeat sensor.................................................... Must I put more dots to explain my disappointment in this terrible weapon attachment?
Well the heart beat sensor is kind of a substitute for the corner camera that they were testing for some AR on the military channel today....it looked rather sweet I might add and it would prevent soldiers from having to go around the corner and be put in danger when they can have a little camera on their weapon to check the room for them.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer280 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:34 pm

This is the second time that someone has told me to use ninja.

First of all; You have to be level >25 to get it, you have to be around level 5 to get a heartbeat. And why would I need to waste a perk for some noob whose to blind to see enemies for themselves.

@Khaos, I agree with the corner camera but why a heartbeat? I don't see why they would give noobs even more power than just camping. With a heartbeat it's just mega camping.

hammer280
Sergeant
Sergeant

Schooled

Back to top Go down

Post by Big J 0526 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 am

hammer280 wrote:This is the second time that someone has told me to use ninja.

First of all; You have to be level >25 to get it, you have to be around level 5 to get a heartbeat. And why would I need to waste a perk for some noob whose to blind to see enemies for themselves.

You use ninja because the pro version gives you silent footsteps, not to mention being invisible to heartbeat sensors. And if you want to complain about heartbeat sensors when you can defeat them by just using a perk, then you deserve to get killed by them. You don't want to adapt, that's you own problem.

Back on topic, I like most of the maps. Yeah mostly S***yard sucks and Terminal at times can be a b*****, but mostly I like the maps
Big J 0526
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Kills : 11625

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:59 am

hammer280 wrote:This is the second time that someone has told me to use ninja.

@Khaos, I agree with the corner camera but why a heartbeat? I don't see why they would give noobs even more power than just camping. With a heartbeat it's just mega camping.
Well it would be hard tom implant a corner camera attachment on this game so they decided to just add the heart beat sensor which basically does the same thing. Who knows maybe the military is working on such an item....lol

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by rydin303 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 am

I'm not gonna sugar coat it... I hate the maps in this game and can agree with 99% of what gdrobdog10 said.
rydin303
Private
Private

Impaler

Kills : 11204

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 am

Wasteland is the most HORRIBLE map evar!!1
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 13144

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 am

lawtondannyboy wrote:Wasteland is the most HORRIBLE map evar!!1

Due to me being a sniper and COD2 being my favorite COD title - I have to say I actually love that map Razz

Its maps like Kurachi, Sub Base, Scrapyard, etc. - That are lazily designed and warrant no true flow to them besides the same three paths of narrow corridors, alleys, and choke points.

Terminal, Invasion, Derail, Afghan, and Estate are the strength of MW2's maps yet surprising share the same design concept.

I mean hey, thats how IW's style upon map design goes (We know this from COD4, even though those were superior maps that fit the playing style of the game) but it had so much potential to feel more alive and believable with a versatile flow to the game and objectives similar to what Treyarch had achieved on most of their maps a year ago.
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 12214

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

I actually really like wasteland myself because if you have like a thermal scope on a sniper there's no one that can hide from me even if you have cold blooded. The map I don't like on this game is rust.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top