WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

MW2 Hidden MP voice over files...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MW2 Hidden MP voice over files...

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 am

This is just a copy & paste job here but I thought it might be interesting for some to look into. Its from Bon3zz1001 (doesn't he have an account here as well?) and its on the Xbox forums.

Its kinda old news but to actually hear the voice overs this time around proves rather interesting. Now, though I lean heavily towards and attribute this as stuff that was just cut out of the regular game... I really hope we don't see it as DLC, regardless of Rob "402" claiming IW wouldn't do that.

So I was going through the audio files trying to pick out all the "RAMIREZ!" audio files and found the MP sound folder. So... There's audio files here for something called "Defcon" (Audio says "Defcon Team Deathmatch" for example), a new gametype called "Arms Race", and Team Deathmatch Pro, Free For All Pro, Search and Destroy Pro and Sabotage Pro. There's also voices for Team Tactical, and no, it's not 3rd person either.

If anybody requests it, I can upload the audio files to youtube.

I also found the weapons folder and found the G3, G36, R700, M40, M240, SA80, AW50, a power drill, MP5, MP9, and the MP44. I can provide pictures for these as well if requested.

(PC Files FYI)

Edit: Also found gametypes listed as "Die Hard".

Video to hidden MP voice over files here.

Original thread and those hidden weapon files here.

Defcon? Power Drill? Suspect
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 12902

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Re: MW2 Hidden MP voice over files...

Post by Horrorman on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 am

either we get this stuff in future upcoming DLC´s, so we would pay for already finished stuff, or it´s stuff never made it into the final game !?
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Kills : 12906

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:05 am

KAIZER SOSA wrote:This is just a copy & paste job here but I thought it might be interesting for some to look into. Its from Bon3zz1001 (doesn't he have an account here as well?) and its on the Xbox forums.

Its kinda old news but to actually hear the voice overs this time around proves rather interesting. Now, though I lean heavily towards and attribute this as stuff that was just cut out of the regular game... I really hope we don't see it as DLC, regardless of Rob "402" claiming IW wouldn't do that.

So I was going through the audio files trying to pick out all the "RAMIREZ!" audio files and found the MP sound folder. So... There's audio files here for something called "Defcon" (Audio says "Defcon Team Deathmatch" for example), a new gametype called "Arms Race", and Team Deathmatch Pro, Free For All Pro, Search and Destroy Pro and Sabotage Pro. There's also voices for Team Tactical, and no, it's not 3rd person either.

If anybody requests it, I can upload the audio files to youtube.

I also found the weapons folder and found the G3, G36, R700, M40, M240, SA80, AW50, a power drill, MP5, MP9, and the MP44. I can provide pictures for these as well if requested.

(PC Files FYI)

Edit: Also found gametypes listed as "Die Hard".

Video to hidden MP voice over files here.

Original thread and those hidden weapon files here.

Defcon? Power Drill? Suspect

DEFCON means Defense Readiness Condition, a measure of the activation and readiness level of the United States Armed Forces. The current USA DEFCON is DEFCON 4, which is NOT the lowest DEFCON.

I do not know what a Gametype called DEFCON would be like, but it might be an awesome and fun gametype.

Last edited by MajorRod on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Kills : 13570

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Post by slack0matic on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 am

I hate to say it but if your a game maker hiding content on the actual game disc and activating it as "DLC" later is actually a very easy way to make money. It wouldnt supprise me if that was the original intent. Of course now they really cant do it since everyone knows about it. If you think about it why would you go through the trouble of putting stuff on a disc that is not going to be used? This is a multi million dollar industry mass producing a game and they put "UNUSED" content on a disc, what by accident.....
slack0matic
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 12057

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 pm

I would imagine this gets done more often than it is noticed. Studio's/developers will have plenty of content done pre-release that they will hold out and release as DLC. Madden was a good example of a studio trying to make money off of content that could have been very easily included in the release of the game.

DLC is a cheap revenue generator for companies. The content is much quicker to put together and gets gobbled up left and right. Low cost = easy money. Don't know if it is right or wrong. If they actually put the content on the disc I think it is a bit more of a shady move but hey we are all going to buy it anyway.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12475

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon3zz1001 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 pm

I see somebody found my thread ^^.
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 12548

http://forums.xbox.com/1354/ShowForum.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam_-_Jar on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

If it was DLC people would be ****** paying £45 ($60?) for a game with all this stuff on then told you have to pay again for it which for ps3 can mean an extra £7...

By the way, while listening to somebody's commentary on a game on youtube they mention that IW where working on new gamemode and playlists... Not saying what exactly just that they are making it more equal and interesting. Also this DEFCON sounds like another team....

Jam_-_Jar
Corporal
Corporal

Pink Scar

Kills : 11684

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

You know thinking about this more.... They could have had these things in mind and pre-recorded the audio since that requires certain voice actors.

As far as the guns go I am not sure but it might be along the same lines. They could program the gun to be there but maybe just not tweeked. The Audio theory makes more sense though.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12475

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon3zz1001 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 pm

immerume2 wrote:You know thinking about this more.... They could have had these things in mind and pre-recorded the audio since that requires certain voice actors.

As far as the guns go I am not sure but it might be along the same lines. They could program the gun to be there but maybe just not tweeked. The Audio theory makes more sense though.
Well, as of right now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the gun models. The furthest I've gotten so far is replacing the FALs camo with the G3s.
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 am

Bon3zz1001 wrote:
immerume2 wrote:You know thinking about this more.... They could have had these things in mind and pre-recorded the audio since that requires certain voice actors.

Well, as of right now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the gun models. The furthest I've gotten so far is replacing the FALs camo with the G3s.
lol...Why are you tampering with the gaming files ? It's a good way to ruin your game and if you get caught doing it it's a good way to get yourself banned.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 12350

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon3zz1001 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Khaos wrote:
Bon3zz1001 wrote:

lol...Why are you tampering with the gaming files ? It's a good way to ruin your game and if you get caught doing it it's a good way to get yourself banned.
-Sigh- I can see you're spamming your way to victory in the side bar, thanks for not reading the thread in the OPs link. It's the PC files buddy.
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Bon3zz1001 wrote:
Khaos wrote:
Bon3zz1001 wrote:

-Sigh- I can see you're spamming your way to victory in the side bar, thanks for not reading the thread in the OPs link. It's the PC files buddy.
Yeah... he's been doing that lately.
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:13 am

I know it's PC files, but what he's doing is going through and editing them to try to switch up camo's and stuff which is considered illegal to do, but whatever he can take his risk...anyways I haven't been spamming all my replies have something to do with the topic to which I replied just because I'm active and post a lot doesn't mean I'm spamming. Spamming is going to a thread and saying one thing like hi or leaving a bunch of smiley faces.

Khaos
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 12350

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 am

Khaos wrote:I know it's PC files, but what he's doing is going through and editing them to try to switch up camo's and stuff which is considered illegal to do, but whatever he can take his risk...anyways I haven't been spamming all my replies have something to do with the topic to which I replied just because I'm active and post a lot doesn't mean I'm spamming. Spamming is going to a thread and saying one thing like hi or leaving a bunch of smiley faces.

Can you discuss this is a PM? Thanks.

I think they should have had a BETA for these gametypes, some of them sound cool.
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 13832

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 am

Khaos wrote:which is considered illegal to do
It is not Illegal to do that as long as he isn't doing it with other players online. As far as I can tell, he is not.

Khaos wrote:Spamming is going to a thread and saying one thing like hi or leaving a bunch of smiley faces.
There is more to Spamming then that.
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bon3zz1001 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Khaos wrote:I know it's PC files, but what he's doing is going through and editing them to try to switch up camo's and stuff which is considered illegal to do, but whatever he can take his risk...anyways I haven't been spamming all my replies have something to do with the topic to which I replied just because I'm active and post a lot doesn't mean I'm spamming. Spamming is going to a thread and saying one thing like hi or leaving a bunch of smiley faces.
It's not illegal at all and even in multiplayer it doesn't effect anyone. I use my own camos online in cod4 with no problems.
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Bon3zz1001 wrote:
It's not illegal at all and even in multiplayer it doesn't effect anyone. I use my own camos online in cod4 with no problems.
Well InfinityWard can argue that it can alter the players experience. I just know it is not illegal.
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top