WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

OMA receives "tweak" in upcoming patch...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OMA receives "tweak" in upcoming patch...

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package DLC Interview

AusGamers catches up with Infinity Ward Creative Strategist and fanboy-rage lightning rod Robert Bowling for a chat about Modern Warfare 2's upcoming Stimulus Package, the game's first downloadable content expansion.

AusGamers: So getting straight into the Stimulus Package, we've got two map remakes from Modern Warfare and three all new maps correct?

Robert Bowling: That's right.

AG: So does the pack include any other new content other than the five maps? Will it be bundled with any patch fixes and what-not or is it just the maps?

RB: Well the DLC that you buy is just the five new maps, but we'll actually be doing a patch separate to that just prior to it coming out and we'll also be doing a playlist update separate to that. That's stuff that everybody gets regardless of DLC or not - but they're unrelated to the Stimulus Package.

AG: Ok, so there's no major changes in any of the multiplayer functionality or any of that sort of thing as part of this DLC?

RB: Well for your audience [Australians], your audience will probably see the biggest change. There is stuff that will affect everybody, like we're tweaking the one-man-army perk and how that works a little bit - balancing that a little more. But we're also adding in some match-making functionality for the 360 version that will help our international players quite a bit in finding more locally hosted games for them and I know that's a big request from our Australian players. That will actually be going in on the patch just prior to the DLC.

AG: That's excellent to hear. Can you tell us then about the game-types that these maps are likely to support?

RB: Well when we release the DLC we'll do two playlist updates. One of them will be called the Stimulus playlist and that one will allow you to play all the new maps on all the game-types - so it just rotates through every game-type on the new maps. Then the other one is called Stimulus Hardcore and that one will allow you to play hardcore team deathmatch, hardcore search and destroy and hardcore HQ pro all with the ricochet rules on the new maps as well.

So they'll support everything, but each map is geared towards maybe working better on one game-type than the other just because of design. Like for example, Storm is a really large map that's really great for big team games whereas Salvage is more geared towards the smaller free-for-alls and team deathmatch but they can also be played on any game-type.

AG: So there's no new game-types or anything specific to the maps, they're just geared to different styles of play by design?

RB: Exactly.

AG: On the remakes: In the past we've seen remakes of old Call of Duty maps in the newer games and they've been changed significantly, but from what we've seen of Crash and Overgrown in Modern Warfare 2, they're looking largely identical. Have there been any changes or improvements made to those while porting them over?

RB: There have been. The biggest change players will notice is mostly visual and cosmetic because now that they're coming into Modern Warfare 2, we have a bit more memory to play with thanks to the texture streaming we use in the engine. So that allows us to detail the maps out a bit more. The interiors of the buildings in Crash will have a lot more details, a lot more stuff in them - a lot more destructible things in there as well as glass and all that stuff that we introduced in Modern Warfare 2.

Then there's some lighting changes for atmospheric effects on Overgrown. But for the most part, the layout, the flow and the general coverpoints and geo of the map we didn't change.

AG: Another big question I've got for our PC players: is this map pack going to be free to PC players like World at War's or is the pricing model going to be the same on all platforms?

RB: We don't know yet. Right now we don't have any details on the Stimulus package for PS3 or PC, but once we have those details we'll be sure to share them out with our community.

AG: I had a follow-up question to that one, but it's regarding only the PC community: if the intention is to charge for the maps on the PC - how do you think the community will respond to that given that they're not able to create user-maps anymore?

RB: I don't know. You're always going to have that subset of the community that are very happy just to have new content and will eat it up and I think the majority of players will be like that. Then you'll always have those who are definitely looking forward to having mapping or modding tools, regardless of whether they decide to get the pack or not. So yeah, you're always going to have people who go either way on that debate.

AG: On that topic, quite a while back you mentioned the possibility of mod tools in the future. There's nothing like that included with this DLC pack?

RB: No, there's no map or mod tools on the PC for the Stimulus Package

AG: Ok, I think that's all the questions we have on the DLC. Thanks so much for your time today Robert

RB: Great; awesome. Thanks for that.

SOURCE
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Kills : 12570

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Re: OMA receives "tweak" in upcoming patch...

Post by Horrorman on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:36 pm

RB: We don't know yet. Right now we don't have any details on the Stimulus package for PS3 or PC, but once we have those details we'll be sure to share them out with our community.

LOL LOL LOL they do not know any details on the Stimulus package for PC and PS3 -> LMAO what a joke...
that´s why they can keep their map pack and put it somewhere...
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Kills : 12574

Back to top Go down

Post by dungbeetle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:30 am

Does anyone know yet exactly how they've 'tweaked' OMA?

PS3 player here so according to 402 (see below), I've gotta wait another month yet for the patch. Rolling Eyes

dungbeetle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

MW2

Kills : 12255

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendaryMarvel on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:34 pm

so what is the OMA tweak? I'm currently away on a business trip and won't be able to get a chance to play the new maps until the 9th or 10th.

LegendaryMarvel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 11613

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 am

The tweak honestly did nothing to address the main complaint regarding OMA, which was the unlimited explosives.

They extended the class switch time by 3 seconds on both the regular and pro versions (I believe it was a 3 second extension).

I'm not complaining though, because I actually use OMA/Grenade Launchers quite a bit.

MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 14663

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendaryMarvel on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:41 pm

huh... I don't know why they didn't just leave it alone. I mean, yeah, people that use OMA for the explosives aspect were a little annoying in certain game types. but in all honesty it wasn't a huge deal. I dunno, I guess I'm just a little disappointed that they just keep tweaking things just because people complain to a certain extent about some things.

LegendaryMarvel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 11613

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top