WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Found this article......what do you think? Agree? Disagree?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found this article......what do you think? Agree? Disagree?

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Read the article and voice your opinion.

http://blametruthproject.com/sorry-but-modern-warfare-2-sucks-guys/

Unfortunately, i agree with this guy 100%. MW2 has taken a turn for the worst. Im tired of doing something and the kill cam showing the complete opposite. Camping has gotten out of control and the weapons are extremely unbalanced. I jus hope IW sees this stuff and patches the game ASAP.
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12806

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Found this article......what do you think? Agree? Disagree?

Post by Unstoppable Ace on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:09 pm

You know... i read the title and thought "here we go, QQ fest by some random emo starved of attention, abusing my beloved game". Then i read it... and there's er... ONE thing i can just about disagree with. (I think the maps are reasonably good. Not awesome, but not crap.) Other than that, it's a /agree from me, even though i still like the game and will continue playing it.

Unstoppable Ace
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

UK Flag

Kills : 11932

Back to top Go down

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Unstoppable Ace wrote:You know... i read the title and thought "here we go, QQ fest by some random emo starved of attention, abusing my beloved game". Then i read it... and there's er... ONE thing i can just about disagree with. (I think the maps are reasonably good. Not awesome, but not crap.) Other than that, it's a /agree from me, even though i still like the game and will continue playing it.

Dont get me wrong. The maps are really awesome. But they promote camping too much. And ill continue to play it...maybe. LOL
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12806

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstoppable Ace on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Yeah i do agree with that... these days, my games seem to go: "First life, P90+Marathon+Lightweight, burn to where they don't expect me, mow down a few, die." Change to random class that takes my fancy, run around trying to kill people.
Realise my K/D is something like 4:10.
Change to ninja, sneak behind enemy lines, dump a TI, lurk in bushes/grass/behind crates to pewpew passers-by, run to new hidey spot.
I hate campers, and I don't really like the fact that in order to compete i have to employ some camper-ish tactics.

Unstoppable Ace
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

UK Flag

Kills : 11932

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Eh, I skimmed through it and it just seems like a big complaint. To be honest, the vast majority of MW2 players are satisfied with the game and IW can't appeal to every single person in the world. He is saying like 5 different weapons are overpowered which I don't really believe is true. The only weapon I have came in contact with that is annoying is akimbo shotguns while coming around a corner, it just seems to easy for whoever is using them. Here are a few things I disagree with him about somewhat. This guy must have been raised to have everything he ever wanted, sorry life isn't perfect and neither is a $60 video game.

Here is what he said about assault rifles which I think is complete nonsense, he obviously hasn't used all of them because they are not all good at any range, super easy to use, etc... and if they were all like he is stating, wouldn't that make assault rifles balanced?
"I believe there are 9 of them; they are good at any range, are super easy to use, are all completely swayless when aiming down the sight and they all have low recoil"

Then he starts complaining about how a person can go 20-2 without killstreak rewards and a person can kill 5 or 10 people and go 38-5 with rewards. Again, I don't see what point he is trying to make? Everyone has the opportunity to use killstreak rewards and just as in past CoD games, the more killstreak rewards you get to, typically the better game you will have...so what was he expecting in MW2?

"Deep Impact is no longer a perk, but an attachment that takes a long time to unlock for each weapon"
So now it's too hard use certain upgrades? I believe this is much better as it balances each weapon. Instead of automatically having the ability to put deep impact on every weapon, you have to work for it.
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Kills : 12548

Back to top Go down

Post by FROSTY on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

I've had a lot of issues with connections.... If you watch killcams you can easily notice that though on your screen you fired off several shots on the enemy screen you didnt even fire a single one... I've been killed A LOT because of that. I'd say about half the times I died was probably due to connection issues. I noticed that most connections I played with/against were 100ms ping and that it wasnt til a week after the game came out that I started to see 50ms connections...

FMJ isnt an issue, and though it does take a while to unlock, what you have to realize about FMJ is it allows you to shoot through which allows you to net easy kills in a lot of situations, making it hard to unlock isnt a bad thing (I dont rely on FMJ to get kills anyway).

Luck has nothing to do with getting killstreak rewards, if you have half a brain it doesnt take that long to figure out which killstreaks give you what, and what you should use. If your dumb and dont know how to increase your killstreaks by a few kills because all you have is a UAV Counter and somethin else, that has nothing to do with luck.

I think the game sucks in a lot of ways, primarily balance, and connection issues. And, ya the akimbo shotguns at close range are annoying as hell. I do notice the assaults are a lil overpowered, but this could be due to bullet physics in the game, when cs source used actual physics most people only used assault rifles even in CQB, due to the adv at midrange and the fact they could burst at close. First thing you learned in Source was how to use the environment to your advantage so you wouldnt fall prey to SMGs such as cutting corners, hiding behind objects, using nades, etc...

I dont agree with him completely - but I do a little bit. I have a few friends who returned MW2 cus they didnt want to take the time to adjust to it (about 4), all I can say is that those who couldnt put up, shut up, and returned the game like lil girls...

SMGs are definitely not obsolete, its just significantly harder to get a kill with them, but when you flank an enemy you can net 2-3 kills with ease. The FAMAS is overpowered though. I found flanking was the best way to get kills if you didnt camp. I also noticed a lot of people going in pairs so if one dies the next guy comes up and smokes you while your reloading....

FROSTY
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Kills : 11966

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Killcam discrepancies have been around since the introduction of the killcam. Blame it on the la-la-la-la lag.

I've yet to see an overpowered weapon that really stands out, besides akimbo shotguns as 1 mentioned, but hey, keep a distance and you won't be bothered by them.

I'm not a fan of symmetrical (CoD4) maps, so these larger and more open (WaW) maps are right up my alley.

The only thing I really agree with him on is the matchmaking code. Dropping players post-merge, timing players out of games, etc is a bit frustrating, but I'm sure IW is already working on a fix for those issues.

Can't please em all.

MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Kills : 14747

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 pm

It's his opinion. I think a big knock against his whole set of gripes here is that you see the same people/person in your room at/ near the top of the leaderboard each game (providing you stay in the same room). While it does help some of the below average players compete, the issues he talks about are not equalizers and can be overcome by someone who is good at the game.

I personally am not stellar at the game. I do alright and come out on top with K/d most of the time but chalk me not coming up on the plus side to me not being as good as the a-hole who is at the top of the list. I still don't like him but chances are (unless he was a one game wander) that person may just be better at playing the game than I am.

If the assualt rifles are that good then use them... if you don't like the subs then don't use them... I don't see how that could make the game suck?

No matter how you like the features of a game, if you are as good as everyone states they are you can adapt to them and still turn out being a good player.

Use the tools given and adapt your play to the game.

The win for me is his mentioning Bad Company at the end. To me that was the biggest POS I have played to date. I even liked Far Cry's MP better than that game. Funny how he can be so down on MW2 and like the MP from a game like that. Terrible controls and worse graphics.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12227

Back to top Go down

Post by MINUS Stl on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 pm

MaTtKs wrote:Killcam discrepancies have been around since the introduction of the killcam. Blame it on the la-la-la-la lag.

I've yet to see an overpowered weapon that really stands out, besides akimbo shotguns as 1 mentioned, but hey, keep a distance and you won't be bothered by them.

I'm not a fan of symmetrical (CoD4) maps, so these larger and more open (WaW) maps are right up my alley.

The only thing I really agree with him on is the matchmaking code. Dropping players post-merge, timing players out of games, etc is a bit frustrating, but I'm sure IW is already working on a fix for those issues.

Can't please em all.

How much of a distance? Seems like a few hundred feet to me! Razz Those things are practically sniper-shotguns!

But yes, It's mainly complaining by a few people. I like the larger, more open maps. I haven't noticed many issues with weapons either. Little complaining here and there about how much the Scar is used (I still don't get the fascination with that rife). The big issue with this game is the connection, both joining and lag. Lag will always be an issue though, unfortunately.

Overall, I really like the game. Do I have issues with it at times? Of course. It's not perfect, but it's a damn sweet game (and I didn't like cod4 Shocked )
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Kills : 13028

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosu71 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Here is what I keep getting the majority of the time, ever since day 2 of release.

Join a party and then have some of the party ending up on the opposing side, 1 bar connection and lag extreme

As for the maps, camping seems to have gone through the roof. Karachi being a prime example
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 12499

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Gosu71 wrote:Here is what I keep getting the majority of the time, ever since day 2 of release.

Join a party and then have some of the party ending up on the opposing side, 1 bar connection and lag extreme

As for the maps, camping seems to have gone through the roof. Karachi being a prime example
Wowzerz. I don't think I could play a game like that.

What kind of connection do you have (mb)? Wired or wireless? Is that when connecting to EU hosts as well? Open NAT?

That's not cool at all. Can we say "region filter"?

MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosu71 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

MaTtKs wrote:Wowzerz. I don't think I could play a game like that.

What kind of connection do you have (mb)? Wired or wireless? Is that when connecting to EU hosts as well? Open NAT?

I'm on 16mb broadband and yes it's open NAT.

It's always the same when we in Europe get a host from the USA. Most on my friends list are from America but I do think IW should have added a region filter on the PS3.

I can have 6 friends in my party, search and join a game only for 2 or more (or all) of them end up in the opposing team or in a different game altogether. You then have to all leave whatever game you were put in, remake the party and start the process all over again while racking up the losses doing it.

4 patches so far and its still not good.

/rant

Cool
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Kills : 12499

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaTtKs on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Gosu71 wrote:
MaTtKs wrote:Wowzerz. I don't think I could play a game like that.

I'm on 16mb broadband and yes it's open NAT.

It's always the same when we in Europe get a host from the USA. Most on my friends list are from America but I do think IW should have added a region filter on the PS3.

I can have 6 friends in my party, search and join a game only for 2 or more (or all) of them end up in the opposing team or in a different game altogether. You then have to all leave whatever game you were put in, remake the party and start the process all over again while racking up the losses doing it.

4 patches so far and its still not good.

/rant

Cool
Rant on with ya rantin' self. I'd be upset too if I had to deal with that. Heck, they could've added the "leave with party" option to makes things a bit easier on us.

MaTtKs
Admin
Admin

Pink Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith3618 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:23 pm

IF YOU CANT BEAT IT JOIN IT
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 12399

Back to top Go down

Post by brgulker on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

IF YOU CANT BEAT IT JOIN IT

If you can't beat LAG, join LAG?

brgulker
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Kills : 12012

http://brgulker.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Keith3618 wrote:IF YOU CANT BEAT IT JOIN IT
[Off - Topic]

Can I say, spam?

[/Off - Topic]

And no I disagree with this article. I mean yeah, the camping is a little worst. And some weapons are unbalanced, but IW will fix it. It's a new game. Let them get some feedback.
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 13584

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top