WePlayCoD


Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am


free web counter

SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SONY PS3 or XBOX 360??? FOR MW2 or other GAMES

64% 64% 
[ 16 ]
36% 36% 
[ 9 ]
 
Total Votes : 25

SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by SW1FT_K1D on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:11 pm

HANDS DOWN SONY PS3------better sound, picture, quality, look, exclusive games, blu-ray, it's also a computer, it litterally does everything like they say it does, and it's only $300.00 with free online gaming in 1080p quality (with no add ons)......and also to me it has more mature gamers then the kiddie 360 does.....P.S. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION FROM A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE, SO PLEASE NO BADGERING......THANKS....PS3 ACC. SW1FT_K1D

SW1FT_K1D
Corporal
Corporal

Dragon Kick

Posts : 30
Kills : 11641
Join date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by DoNt 13 JeAlOuS on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

DoNt 13 JeAlOuS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Impaler

Posts : 25
Kills : 11615
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by BL3SSING_12 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:27 pm

i voted ps3 cus i love it i had both and sold my xbx cus there was no need for it. love my ps3 its my baby. and im not sure that last part is true but i have heard those rumors also.
ps3 acc. BL3SSING_12
avatar
BL3SSING_12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Impaler

Posts : 91
Kills : 11775
Join date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Gosu71 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Mmm, this kind of thing just promotes console wars.

I'll pass
avatar
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 210
Kills : 12507
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by bowski477 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Gosu71 wrote:Mmm, this kind of thing just promotes console wars.

I'll pass

agreed. I have a 360. I had a PS2 before that. Theres no particular reason why I switched brand except that my b/f had a 360 and I wanted to be able to play online games with him. To each his own.

Plus I care more about gameplay rather than what Im playing it on. I'd take a good game of Comander Keen or the original Super Mario over a bad game on ps3 or 360.

_________________


avatar
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Posts : 275
Kills : 12823
Join date : 2009-09-02

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by lawtondannyboy on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Whoa! Console wars here? We don't need this here. Reported.
avatar
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Posts : 533
Kills : 13592
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by MINUS Stl on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 pm

We'll be watching this thread carefully. If indeed it starts to go towards a Console War, it will be locked.
avatar
MINUS Stl
Admin
Admin

Hello

Posts : 302
Kills : 13036
Join date : 2009-08-28

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Kyled55 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:00 pm

MINUS Stl wrote:We'll be watching this thread carefully. If indeed it starts to go towards a Console War, it will be locked.

Good idea i dont like when people fight over which one is better!
Rolling Eyes

Everything has thier goods and bad

Thats all im going to say!


Last edited by Kyled55 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 340
Kills : 12950
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 pm

I have both systems. My Xbox is by far the better system. Better online, better community, not that easy to hack like the PS3 not to mention audio and visual quality is better on the XBox.
avatar
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 297
Kills : 12814
Join date : 2009-09-11

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by JattPavit on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:29 pm

DoNt 13 JeAlOuS wrote:I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

Untrue, they are charging in the future for a PREMIUM membership but are keeping online free from what I've heard.
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 12074
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:36 pm

JattPavit wrote:
DoNt 13 JeAlOuS wrote:I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

Untrue, they are charging in the future for a PREMIUM membership but are keeping online free from what I've heard.

Jatt is correct. Heres a link to this info

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-may-introduce-psn-subscription-model
avatar
RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 297
Kills : 12814
Join date : 2009-09-11

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by kingchris20 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 am

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:
JattPavit wrote:
DoNt 13 JeAlOuS wrote:I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

Untrue, they are charging in the future for a PREMIUM membership but are keeping online free from what I've heard.

Jatt is correct. Heres a link to this info

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-may-introduce-psn-subscription-model

Well if you think about it, XBL has free and premium (aka Silver and Gold). I just hope PSN doesn't follow their footsteps and make you pay for premium if you want to play online!

To answer the OPs question, I like PS3 better for many reasons, but mainly because I have been PS since PS was born. Also, mainly because PSN is free, im not much for the "extras" offered by XBL Gold (I have both systems), I simply want a means to connect to the online aspect of MW2 and other games to play online. Without the "extras" XBL Gold and PSN both give you access to play games online. Plus I like PS3 controllers better, I like the sticks next to each other, rather than having a d-pad in between them, and I like the convex surface over the X's concave.

I like Xbox 360 because they get stuff first! LoL, I have 2 copies of every COD4, CODWaW and MW2 for that reason. MW2 looks to be a much greater distance between release (timed exclusive for the first 2 map packs), even still I am impatient and XBL updates their store sooner in the day. For example, for all the Map Packs from CODWaW, XBL had them ready for purchase early in the morning, while PSN I had to wait till 4pm or after before the store updated with it. I know sounds a little too impatient, but its a fact!

All in all, I play on both systems for different reasons, though I do admit that I am a Playstation fanboy
avatar
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 370
Kills : 13019
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Bon3zz1001 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 am

360 Why? Because I'll gladly pay $50 for it's features and getting content first. If PC was an option... I'd definitely pick that over 360 though.
avatar
Bon3zz1001
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Impaler

Posts : 110
Kills : 12308
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://forums.xbox.com/1354/ShowForum.aspx

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by immerume2 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:49 am

PS3 just because that is what I have and what I am used to. WHen I went out to purchase it the PS3 had so much promise (and still does) but Sony isn't doing a very good job of developing that promise into cold hard support for it's users. I think I am going to go out and get an Xbox after the holiday's for the great support Xbox users get.
avatar
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 182
Kills : 12235
Join date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by DoNt 13 JeAlOuS on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 pm

JattPavit wrote:
DoNt 13 JeAlOuS wrote:I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

Untrue, they are charging in the future for a PREMIUM membership but are keeping online free from what I've heard.

trying not to argue, but please dont say its untrue, when obvviously your unsure yourslef.. "from what i've heard"

DoNt 13 JeAlOuS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Impaler

Posts : 25
Kills : 11615
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by DoNt 13 JeAlOuS on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:
JattPavit wrote:
DoNt 13 JeAlOuS wrote:I voted both, and i have a x360. reson being, ps3 is hands down a better Hardware. (u've already stated that) However xbox live is way better than psn, and ya, u have to pay for live, but thats why its good, they make more money with live than anything else with xbox, so they concentrate on it more... ps3 makes no money off of it, so they dont try AS hard. And btw, ps3 users will soon have to pay for their multiplayer, like live. they've already stated that.

Untrue, they are charging in the future for a PREMIUM membership but are keeping online free from what I've heard.

Jatt is correct. Heres a link to this info

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-may-introduce-psn-subscription-model

as it states in the link, the online will be "expected" to stay free however, you will have to pay for some features....whos to say those features are not for multiplayer like i stated. Xbox has free online, but u have to pay for multiplayer... again not trying to start a fight,

DoNt 13 JeAlOuS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Impaler

Posts : 25
Kills : 11615
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Broken360 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

PS3! Didnt feel like having my MW2 collect dust while I wait for my 360 to be shipped back to me!!
avatar
Broken360
Corporal
Corporal

Impaler

Posts : 34
Kills : 11698
Join date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by jroo19 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

RK1 Apocalypse wrote:I have both systems. My Xbox is by far the better system. Better online, better community, not that easy to hack like the PS3 not to mention audio and visual quality is better on the XBox.

Hasn't Microsoft recently banned 1million members for 'hacking' 'modding'??

I own both consoles and tbh they are both as good as each other, I stick to my PS3 99% of the time because thats where all my friends are at.

Why do people have to bring up this subject, its just asking for arguments.

We are a 'Call of Duty' Community not an 'xbox' 'ps3' 'pc' community.

jroo19
Sergeant
Sergeant

MW2

Posts : 71
Kills : 12089
Join date : 2009-09-02

http://cginfo.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by JattPavit on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am

If multiplayer costs anything Sony would have made a big screw up
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 12074
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Kyled55 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:46 pm

JattPavit wrote:If multiplayer costs anything Sony would have made a big screw up

yeah i agree if sony changes that than alot of people will go to PC!

Good thing about PC is that maps are free.

But more people hack...
avatar
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 340
Kills : 12950
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by KNO1ATALL on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:24 am

Siiigh, more console wars..

Well, I'll take my part in this. I say PS3. For MW2. Gamespot did a graphics comparison between PS3/Xbox/PC. PS3 by far won. The PC left out a lot of stuff ( shrubbery, small stuff like that, and had the worst graphics) and while Xbox had a better tone ( all the colors were more vibrant) the PS3 had best detail ( slightly hazy feel if you compare to Xbox, but detail is amazing.)
avatar
KNO1ATALL
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Impaler

Posts : 139
Kills : 12260
Join date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by DitkaKenobi on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 am

KNO1ATALL wrote:Siiigh, more console wars..

Well, I'll take my part in this. I say PS3. For MW2. Gamespot did a graphics comparison between PS3/Xbox/PC. PS3 by far won. The PC left out a lot of stuff ( shrubbery, small stuff like that, and had the worst graphics) and while Xbox had a better tone ( all the colors were more vibrant) the PS3 had best detail ( slightly hazy feel if you compare to Xbox, but detail is amazing.)

You mean this article?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6240138/index.html?tag=topslot;thumb;3

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is all the rage at the moment. And with a simultaneous release across the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, it's definitely worth the effort to see how the game looks on all of them. It's clear that Infinity Ward spent a lot of time polishing the engine for speed. The game runs great on both of the consoles and doesn't require a beast of a computer to run well. We could crank up the resolution and all the high-quality settings with the $160 Radeon HD 5770 and play the game stutter-free. As usual, the PC version of the game looks better, but that's mainly due to higher-resolution textures and the ability to crank up antialiasing and anisotropic filtering settings. Outside of a few blurry textures on the PlayStation 3, the two console versions look largely the same.

We captured the following shots at 720p across both consoles and the PC to keep everything even. On the PC, we enabled all the highest-quality settings, as well as 4x antialiasing and 8x anisotropic filtering. On the consoles, we captured the images directly over HDMI using the Matrox MXO2 Mini and used FRAPs to capture screenshots on the PC."


I guess I don't see where the PS3 won "by far" like you say. Kinda looks like it lost by a few blurry textures if you want to get technical. However, the article clearly states that both console versions of the game look largely the same. At the end of the day it really comes down to personal preference, as usual.

PS: You cannot sigh about console wars and proceed to participate. Razz
avatar
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 372
Kills : 13094
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Kyled55 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:12 pm

i agree with ditka about it being personal preference
avatar
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 340
Kills : 12950
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Keith3618 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I beleive the Ps3 is better because:
A: the controlers dont need to take AA
B: the ps3 has blu ray which is better then DVD (Blu Ray 50g DVD 5g)
C: PS3 has built in WIFI and you cant get banned or reported.

But thats my opioion.
avatar
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Posts : 258
Kills : 12407
Join date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by bowski477 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Keith3618 wrote:I beleive the Ps3 is better because:
A: the controlers dont need to take AA
B: the ps3 has blu ray which is better then DVD (Blu Ray 50g DVD 5g)
C: PS3 has built in WIFI and you cant get banned or reported.

But thats my opioion.

in the 360's defense...

A. there are rechargeable batteries you can buy
B. although blu ray will never come to 360 we do have the ability to dl and stream 1080p HD movies (recent update)(blog post)
C. I'll give you the built-in wireless. Thats key as I ended up buying a wireless adapter for my 360.

as for the not getting banned and reported, I love that about 360. As a female gamer there are a lot of sickos out there that I have to click the complaint button for. People who constantly abuse the system, glitch, cheat, or are abusing verbally towards other players should be punished. I'm sure PS3 will get to that at some point. I find it hard to believe it will stay like that forever.

Now I do not have a PS3 but like i said before (previous post) I wouldn't say no to one. I'm sure its great in its own way. As I always say... To each their own.

_________________


avatar
bowski477
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Tiger

Posts : 275
Kills : 12823
Join date : 2009-09-02

http://aesthetically-pleezin.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: SONY PS3 or XBOX 360 and why?? for MW2/GAMES

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum