WePlayCoD


Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am


free web counter

Upset about sniping!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by shortyp11 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 am

The Sniping on this game (MW2) im sorry to say is no where near as satisfying as on cod 4!! i dont mean to moan (he says while moaing! Very Happy ) but its simpliy not as good an im fed up with it. i used to love sniping previously and on this game, i have to resort to an AR when u shouldn't have to. plus all the snipers fire the same except for the intervention (bolt action). Please give you opinion with out being mw2 FANBOY thanks

shortyp11
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tiger

Posts : 57
Kills : 11490
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by immerume2 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 am

I haven't had any problems with sniping on this game. The intervention and the M28 are the only two that are worth using. The other two are at least two shots to kill even with stopping power.

With that being said I don't think it is a bad thing. Not every sniper is going to be worth much. I like sniping still and have actually found it to be a little better for me in this game than it was in COD4 because of my new friend the Intervention.
avatar
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 182
Kills : 12007
Join date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by KR0N1C Sobe on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah, I kind of agree.
Most of the snipers are too similar... especially between the WA2000 and the M21.
I prefer the M21 though because of the clip size. Plus the fact if you run around a corner and find yourself face-to-face with an enemy you can easily noscope-rapidfire the M21 and get a kill.
avatar
KR0N1C Sobe
Private
Private

Impaler

Posts : 11
Kills : 11560
Join date : 2009-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Modern Valkyrie on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Agreed...and the hit detection makes sniping a double whammy. Scrapyard, an enemy, not playing, standing motionless, zoom in with the Thermal Scoped W2000, miss the head shot, aim for the chest lose four more shots, reload. Shoot two more time before I get an X, and still have to plug him with one more shot.

Modern Valkyrie
Private
Private

US Flag

Posts : 12
Kills : 11270
Join date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Unfortunately there are several hiccups to the science of sniping in MW2 but being an avid sniper myself I have just ended up adapting to the serious disadvantage we were given.

Having a above average K/D ratio while exclusively using a heavily recoiled sniper rifle in this game just proves that I'm far the superior player then those who might squeeze a couple of cheap deaths outta me...
avatar
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 269
Kills : 12434
Join date : 2009-09-13

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by JattPavit on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 pm

I actually got my first nuke while sniping. I have to say I disagree with you because now we aren't stuck with pistols as secondaries
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 11846
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Cistoran on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

JattPavit wrote:I actually got my first nuke while sniping. I have to say I disagree with you because now we aren't stuck with pistols as secondaries
Models? Lol

Cistoran
Private
Private

MW2

Posts : 13
Kills : 11361
Join date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by CovertGunman on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 pm

I think the sniping is just fine, but I don't really use the snipers just because I prefer the assault rifles.
avatar
CovertGunman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Impaler

Posts : 138
Kills : 12219
Join date : 2009-08-30

http://codzombies.forum0.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Modern Valkyrie on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

If the sniping in this game, or any other game were realistic no one would ever snipe...the closest I've seen to realistic was Call of Duty 4 the campaign when you snipe in Chernobyl.

Modern Valkyrie
Private
Private

US Flag

Posts : 12
Kills : 11270
Join date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by JattPavit on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Modern Valkyrie wrote:If the sniping in this game, or any other game were realistic no one would ever snipe...the closest I've seen to realistic was Call of Duty 4 the campaign when you snipe in Chernobyl.

Even that is not realistic. The way you sneak past those guards and the BMP's is pretty much impossible.
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 11846
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Modern Valkyrie on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm

JattPavit wrote:
Modern Valkyrie wrote:If the sniping in this game, or any other game were realistic no one would ever snipe...the closest I've seen to realistic was Call of Duty 4 the campaign when you snipe in Chernobyl.

Even that is not realistic. The way you sneak past those guards and the BMP's is pretty much impossible.

Not really what I meant. I meant the sniping part when you overlook Zakheev(sp?) from the hotel, the fact that you actually have to factor in the wind. I didn't mean the ENTIRE mission, just that first part. What I'm getting at, is if you had to adjust your shots for wind, humidity, curvature of the earth, temperature, distance, and speed of a moving target, no one would snipe...ever. All the other stuff you mentioned is far from realistic, yes, but that's what makes video games playable. Could you imagine a REALISTIC first person shooter? Like I told this kid on my team the other day when I was complaining about camping, he said "You don't see the Marines or Army in real life running around like chickens with their heads cut off, do you? It's tactical to sit around in one spot." To which I replied, "If you want to talk about Realism, no one would ever play this game, because after you get shot, you have to sell the game because in real life, you don't respawn."

Modern Valkyrie
Private
Private

US Flag

Posts : 12
Kills : 11270
Join date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Keith3618 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 pm

I just dont understand why they took out the M40???
avatar
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Posts : 258
Kills : 12179
Join date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Keith3618 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Modern Valkyrie wrote:
JattPavit wrote:
Modern Valkyrie wrote:If the sniping in this game, or any other game were realistic no one would ever snipe...the closest I've seen to realistic was Call of Duty 4 the campaign when you snipe in Chernobyl.

Even that is not realistic. The way you sneak past those guards and the BMP's is pretty much impossible.

Not really what I meant. I meant the sniping part when you overlook Zakheev(sp?) from the hotel, the fact that you actually have to factor in the wind. I didn't mean the ENTIRE mission, just that first part. What I'm getting at, is if you had to adjust your shots for wind, humidity, curvature of the earth, temperature, distance, and speed of a moving target, no one would snipe...ever. All the other stuff you mentioned is far from realistic, yes, but that's what makes video games playable. Could you imagine a REALISTIC first person shooter? Like I told this kid on my team the other day when I was complaining about camping, he said "You don't see the Marines or Army in real life running around like chickens with their heads cut off, do you? It's tactical to sit around in one spot." To which I replied, "If you want to talk about Realism, no one would ever play this game, because after you get shot, you have to sell the game because in real life, you don't respawn."

I would give that post a thumbs up but im -40 prestige... haha ur right, In real life if you line up the crosshairs on a guys head without accounting for what you said you would be way off.
avatar
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Posts : 258
Kills : 12179
Join date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by MW2Media on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 pm

.50cal. That's what I use, it has to be the most underrated sniper in the game. Works great for me, I don't really see the problem with the sniping.
avatar
MW2Media
Corporal
Corporal

MW2

Posts : 32
Kills : 11725
Join date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by mnmboy2 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:20 pm

sniping is fine; dun complain? the dude talking about realistic sniping ^^^^^ has a point, real snipers have to account for everything, and if you had to play a game like that, i doubt it would be as popular because noone want to play a game based on math Razz
avatar
mnmboy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hello

Posts : 16
Kills : 11270
Join date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by mnmboy2 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:56 pm

pssssssssssssssssst, whatst he link for :3
avatar
mnmboy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hello

Posts : 16
Kills : 11270
Join date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by knigmich on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 am

if you want a one hit one kill sniper rifle go play counterstrike and use the AWP.

I have no problem with it taking 2 shots to kill someone, just make the first one count.
avatar
knigmich
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 22
Kills : 11374
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by JattPavit on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:32 am

Modern Valkyrie wrote:
JattPavit wrote:
Modern Valkyrie wrote:If the sniping in this game, or any other game were realistic no one would ever snipe...the closest I've seen to realistic was Call of Duty 4 the campaign when you snipe in Chernobyl.

Even that is not realistic. The way you sneak past those guards and the BMP's is pretty much impossible.

Not really what I meant. I meant the sniping part when you overlook Zakheev(sp?) from the hotel, the fact that you actually have to factor in the wind. I didn't mean the ENTIRE mission, just that first part. What I'm getting at, is if you had to adjust your shots for wind, humidity, curvature of the earth, temperature, distance, and speed of a moving target, no one would snipe...ever. All the other stuff you mentioned is far from realistic, yes, but that's what makes video games playable. Could you imagine a REALISTIC first person shooter? Like I told this kid on my team the other day when I was complaining about camping, he said "You don't see the Marines or Army in real life running around like chickens with their heads cut off, do you? It's tactical to sit around in one spot." To which I replied, "If you want to talk about Realism, no one would ever play this game, because after you get shot, you have to sell the game because in real life, you don't respawn."

I know what you mean, but all you really have to account for is the wind, all the other stuff he says is just to make it sound realistic. And I agree a realistic FPS would be crap. Beer2
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 11846
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Phoenix Rising on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 am

There is a game where sniping is pretty realistic. its called Sniper Elite. Great game, except it's pretty old now. anyways, MW2 sniping is fine, at least it's not broken

-Have a nice day
avatar
Phoenix Rising
Private
Private

Bullet

Posts : 13
Kills : 11291
Join date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by lawtondannyboy on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 am

I like sniping in this game, better than all the CoDs combined.
avatar
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Posts : 533
Kills : 13364
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by zer0ag3nt on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 am

I played cod 4 alot and now I've player mw2 alot and I still find myself leading targets from time to time while sniping. I really wished they would not have changed that.
avatar
zer0ag3nt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Benjamins

Posts : 25
Kills : 11423
Join date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Kuna on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 am

KAIZER SOSA wrote:Unfortunately there are several hiccups to the science of sniping in MW2 but being an avid sniper myself I have just ended up adapting to the serious disadvantage we were given.

Having a above average K/D ratio while exclusively using a heavily recoiled sniper rifle in this game just proves that I'm far the superior player then those who might squeeze a couple of cheap deaths outta me...

Ya, you also seem so humble too. Razz I kid I kid.

I only use the sniper rifle on wasteland and quarry. I sometimes do well and I sometimes do horrible, so it's a hit and miss. I will also say that I used to get sniped more so in CoD4 than now in MW2.
avatar
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Posts : 103
Kills : 11809
Join date : 2009-10-16

http://agamerwithapen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by shortyp11 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 am

i was only saying that i used to snipe on every map (if i wanted) on cod4. Now things will never be the same again!! lol The sniping jus doesnt feal as rewarding that way my main point. Not thats its imposable Sniper Gun

shortyp11
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tiger

Posts : 57
Kills : 11490
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by mattrob91 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:49 am

I have recently gone back to playing WaW and found that sniping is so much easier in that game. The assault rifles in MW and MW2 are too overpowered at long range which gives a huge disadvantage to snipers. In WaW, everyone may use the MP40, but it is useless at long range, giving the advantage to the sniper

mattrob91
Private
Private

Skateboard

Posts : 5
Kills : 11229
Join date : 2009-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by immerume2 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:12 am

mattrob91 wrote:I have recently gone back to playing WaW and found that sniping is so much easier in that game. The assault rifles in MW and MW2 are too overpowered at long range which gives a huge disadvantage to snipers. In WaW, everyone may use the MP40, but it is useless at long range, giving the advantage to the sniper

I would say the MP40 was anything but useless at long range. If I could have gotten a scope for that thing I would not have bothered sniping. You just had to line up a shot at long range... you couldn't spray like folks had grown so acustomed to with the MP40. Line up the head shot and give the trigger two small taps and the person was dead from across the map if you could see them.
avatar
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 182
Kills : 12007
Join date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Upset about sniping!!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum