WePlayCoD

Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

free web counter

Twitter Hacked, Defaced By “Iranian Cyber Army”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twitter Hacked, Defaced By “Iranian Cyber Army”

Post by RK1 Apocalypse on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:11 am

The message reads:

Iranian Cyber Army

THIS SITE HAS BEEN HACKED BY IRANIAN CYBER ARMY

iRANiAN.CYBER.ARMY@GMAIL. COM

U.S.A. Think They Controlling And Managing Internet By Their Access, But THey Don’t, We Control And Manage Internet By Our Power, So Do Not Try To Stimulation Iranian Peoples To….

NOW WHICH COUNTRY IN EMBARGO LIST? IRAN? USA?
WE PUSH THEM IN EMBARGO LIST
Take Care.

Update: – We have just found out that the same defacement is appearing at at least one other site, mawjcamp.org. We are not able to see what was at this domain before, but it is now displaying the same defacement that Twitter was only a few minutes ago.

Twitter does not have the best record with security issues. We have previously covered a number of incidents, and as recently as two months ago their web servers were misconfigured to reveal detailed internal network information. We also previously wrote about their admin interface having a password of ‘password’ on one account, and the well-known Twitter doc incident. It was hoped that with the hiring of a new COO, **** Costolo, as well as a number of other high-level engineers, including security experts, that Twitter had grown out of the phase of being vulnerable to security incidents on such a large scale.

We do not know a lot about the group claiming responsibility for the attack as we haven’t heard their name before and they do not show up in any defacement mirrors or security sites. Similar Iranian groups were active during the election campaign in that country. We have emailed the group (they were kind enough to leave an address on the defacement) for a comment (also added them on Gchat – worth a shot).

Update 2.: Twitter.com is down, status.twitter.com is down (not useful, perhaps they should host it at blogger). Some tweets are getting through at the moment because parts of the API are up. Search also seems to be working. The Firehose is up – Tweets are coming in from FriendFeed (all those tweets about ‘is twitter down’ are from third-party sites)

Update 3.: It is suggested that if you use the same password on your Twitter account with other accounts, now would be a good time to change your password on those other accounts.

Update 4.: There is a history between Iran and Twitter. It was well noted and covered in the media that Twitter was used as a tool during the Iranian election protests. The US government actually intervened to assure that Twitter was available to the protestors in Tehran and around the country. This attack may be an act of reprisal from groups who were not happy with the role that Twitter played during the protests

Update 5.: There is speculation at the moment that this may be a DNS redirect, which means that the Twitter.com domain has been redirected to the defacement page. This doesn’t explain why some sub-domains are down, while others are currently still alive (such as search)

Source: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/17/twitter-reportedly-hacked-by-iranian-cyber-army/

RK1 Apocalypse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12942

http://www.rk1gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter Hacked, Defaced By “Iranian Cyber Army”

Post by immerume2 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

I think I ran into these cats the other day at McDonalds. They were out in the play area knocking little kids down and laughing. They just needed a good whipping to get them back in line.

Probably a bunch of self serving thumb suckers. You or I could have pulled of a hack on Twitter. Then to post such outlandish messages saying that they control the Ineternet? Please you "hacked" twitter. Hack something of more substance before you talk about controlling the internet.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12363

Back to top Go down

Post by kingchris20 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 am

immerume2 wrote:I think I ran into these cats the other day at McDonalds. They were out in the play area knocking little kids down and laughing. They just needed a good whipping to get them back in line.

Probably a bunch of self serving thumb suckers. You or I could have pulled of a hack on Twitter. Then to post such outlandish messages saying that they control the Ineternet? Please you "hacked" twitter. Hack something of more substance before you talk about controlling the internet.

LMAO........Riiiight! roflcopter
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 13147

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith3618 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 am

Hmm if this is really Iran we need to go to war.

The war for twitter hahah
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Kills : 12535

Back to top Go down

Post by lawtondannyboy on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am

I've also heard reports of them hacking drones in Iran. Very dangerous.
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Kills : 13720

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Post by immerume2 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:47 am

I haven't seen where they confirmed that the same folks hacked the drones though. Drones were hacked using some low tech stuff but I don't think it was the same group. Then again I'm not there or involved so I don't really know.
immerume2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 12363

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:30 am

What Fools... someone ship these assholes to a work camp.
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Kills : 13458

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Post by HouseMDfan on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Seriously? Hacking Twitter? Come on.
HouseMDfan
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Kills : 11745

Back to top Go down

Post by JattPavit on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm

lawtondannyboy wrote:I've also heard reports of them hacking drones in Iran. Very dangerous.

No way! That is impossible. confused
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Kills : 12202

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:12 pm

JattPavit wrote:
lawtondannyboy wrote:I've also heard reports of them hacking drones in Iran. Very dangerous.

Not impossible. UAVs can be hacked into, and it can be very dangerous if they hack into a Predator Drone. I'm sure you've heard of a predator drone... you've played Modern Warfare 2, right?
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 pm

MajorRod wrote:
JattPavit wrote:

Not impossible. UAVs can be hacked into, and it can be very dangerous if they hack into a Predator Drone. I'm sure you've heard of a predator drone... you've played Modern Warfare 2, right?

The program they use to hack, I believe, is called SkyGrabber. There's no evidence that they can take over the aircraft. They just intercept the aircraft's video feed, thereby reducing the tactical advantage of a quiet, unmanned aircraft. Thumbs up
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 13222

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRod on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 pm

DitkaKenobi wrote:
The program they use to hack, I believe, is called SkyGrabber. There's no evidence that they can take over the aircraft. They just intercept the aircraft's video feed, thereby reducing the tactical advantage of a quiet, unmanned aircraft. Thumbs up
It is quite possible for the "hacker" to take control of the UAV. It is just a matter if they have a good enough uplink to the UAV. You see, and I hope you already know this, a UAV is controlled by a Remote Linking Device. In this case, a Secured Mobile Device (SMD) (Laptop). If the connection between the SMD and UAV are interrupted by a outside source then the outside source can take control of the UAV. And if they took control of a MQ-1 Predator Drone, then you better run to a bunker. But the chances of all this happening is slim to none.
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by DitkaKenobi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 am

MajorRod wrote:
DitkaKenobi wrote:
It is quite possible for the "hacker" to take control of the UAV. It is just a matter if they have a good enough uplink to the UAV. You see, and I hope you already know this, a UAV is controlled by a Remote Linking Device. In this case, a Secured Mobile Device (SMD) (Laptop). If the connection between the SMD and UAV are interrupted by a outside source then the outside source can take control of the UAV. And if they took control of a MQ-1 Predator Drone, then you better run to a bunker. But the chances of all this happening is slim to none.

No, really? /sarcasm. It's not just a matter of having a "good enough uplink." It's a matter of having the actual program and equipment to take control of the UAV. What they are doing is stealing the video feed. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/17/insurgents-hack-drones/
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Kills : 13222

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top