WePlayCoD


Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am


free web counter

Harrier destroying other aircrafts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by 1 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:57 pm

*Update: No glitch, just realized that harriers have the ability to shoot down chopper gunners, attack heli's and pave lows.

I was playing on Ahfgan the other day and basically just running in TDM. The other team had up a harrier and I continued using my class which was an AR and machine pistol as my secondary. As I continued to run around avoiding the harrier and hoping someone on my team would shoot it down, it gets destroyed and my name is shown as the person who destroyed the harrier. It was just very odd seeing as I didn't even shoot at the harrier.

Figured I would post this and see if this or something similar has happened to you.


Last edited by 1 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Posts : 229
Kills : 12108
Join date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Kyled55 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

1 wrote:I was playing on Ahfgan the other day and basically just running in TDM. The other team had up a harrier and I continued using my class which was an AR and machine pistol as my secondary. As I continued to run around avoiding the harrier and hoping someone on my team would shoot it down, it gets destroyed and my name is shown as the person who destroyed the harrier. It was just very odd seeing as I didn't even shoot at the harrier.

Figured I would post this and see if this or something similar has happened to you.

yeah this has happened to me before.

and it happened to me on domination.

When i started out i ran to try to get first blood and get a harrier fast and it said that i captured A!

Very wierd
avatar
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 340
Kills : 12502
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Keith3618 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 am

Because you ran padt i treal quick
avatar
Keith3618
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

MW2

Posts : 258
Kills : 11959
Join date : 2009-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by kingchris20 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 am

Something like that happened to me, I was inside the airport building, and my name showed up as destroying a Pave Low? I did have a Harrier in the air, I wonder if a Harrier can shoot a Pave Low down?
avatar
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 370
Kills : 12571
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by 1 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 am

kingchris20 wrote:Something like that happened to me, I was inside the airport building, and my name showed up as destroying a Pave Low? I did have a Harrier in the air, I wonder if a Harrier can shoot a Pave Low down?
Good question, I wonder if it's possible to call in a harrier and have the initial bombs actually hit a pave low, etc... Or perhaps a stealth bomber. I doubt it but I've never seen anyone actually prove it can't happen.
avatar
1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Posts : 229
Kills : 12108
Join date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by kingchris20 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:02 am

1 wrote:
kingchris20 wrote:Something like that happened to me, I was inside the airport building, and my name showed up as destroying a Pave Low? I did have a Harrier in the air, I wonder if a Harrier can shoot a Pave Low down?
Good question, I wonder if it's possible to call in a harrier and have the initial bombs actually hit a pave low, etc... Or perhaps a stealth bomber. I doubt it but I've never seen anyone actually prove it can't happen.

Well in this case, my Harrier was already in the air when the opposing team called in the Pave Low, so I'm wondering if it can actually shoot the pave low down?
avatar
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 370
Kills : 12571
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Kuna on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:50 am

kingchris20 wrote:
1 wrote:
kingchris20 wrote:Something like that happened to me, I was inside the airport building, and my name showed up as destroying a Pave Low? I did have a Harrier in the air, I wonder if a Harrier can shoot a Pave Low down?
Good question, I wonder if it's possible to call in a harrier and have the initial bombs actually hit a pave low, etc... Or perhaps a stealth bomber. I doubt it but I've never seen anyone actually prove it can't happen.

Well in this case, my Harrier was already in the air when the opposing team called in the Pave Low, so I'm wondering if it can actually shoot the pave low down?

Absolutely possible! This happened to me twice. I believe it can shoot any helo down because it did it for the chopper gunner and the pave low in the matches I played. My friend supposedly saw it shoot down the chopper gunner, but I personally haven't seen it. My name has popped up randomly though, giving me credit for helos I didn't even shoot down. I thought it was a glitch too, but I think it's part of the game (unless of course it is a glitch regardless?).
avatar
Kuna
ShePlayCoD
ShePlayCoD

Sniper

Posts : 103
Kills : 11589
Join date : 2009-10-16

http://agamerwithapen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by 1 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:46 am

I have come to find out the harrier does in fact have the ability to shoot down pave lows, attack helicopters and chopper gunners. As for AC-130s and other harriers, I don't believe they can be taken out by a harrier.
avatar
1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Kick

Posts : 229
Kills : 12108
Join date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Vanhulsen221 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:15 am

I've seen this happen alot, harriers can shoot down most other helicopters. If you watch the sky, sometimes you can see the two duking it out!
avatar
Vanhulsen221
Sergeant
Sergeant

Pink Scar

Posts : 63
Kills : 11664
Join date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by o Taffy Apple x on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 am

Yes this is defo, A harrier or an attack helicopter or even a pavelow can shoot down other players air crafts
avatar
o Taffy Apple x
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 377
Kills : 12288
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Kyled55 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 am

yeah ive had a nuke do the same thing. And kill people before it kills everyone at the sametime!

Very Wierd
avatar
Kyled55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 340
Kills : 12502
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by avfc94 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

an enemy probably ran underneath/ in-line with the chopper gunner and the harrier went to shoot the guy but the chopper was in the way so it shot it down...... maybe i dunno

i got a chopper gunner earlier and i got shot down in bout 10 seconds and i have no idea how, cuz there wernt enough time to fire 2 stingers/javelins and it was on terminal and everyone was inside :S

avfc94
Corporal
Corporal

Posts : 45
Kills : 11109
Join date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by avfc94 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 pm

actually i think they definitely do shoot down other things. yesterday i was playing capture the flag and i was waiting to respawn and it came up +300 and avfc-destroyed gunship , but i hadnt respawned and i had a harrier so it must have shot it down

avfc94
Corporal
Corporal

Posts : 45
Kills : 11109
Join date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by SergeantHatredx on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 am

I've seen a harrier shhot down another harrier at invasion. i stopped near the embassy and looked up to see if the aircraft was ours or not next thing i see is the one harrier fires a rocket at the other jet.

anyway that happened just 2days ago. and since then i never saw that happen before.
avatar
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 113
Kills : 11493
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by slack0matic on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 am

I have seen this happen aswell. I have also shot down 2 harriers with 1 stinger. lol the other team called 2 in at the same time 1 on top of the other. I shot the top 1 down and the wreckage fell onto the 2nd taking it out aswell. Very Happy
avatar
slack0matic
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 143
Kills : 11369
Join date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by o Taffy Apple x on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 am

Sweet that the way id want all my stingers to work,lol
avatar
o Taffy Apple x
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 377
Kills : 12288
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by SergeantHatredx on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:26 pm

slack0matic wrote:the other team called 2 in at the same time 1 on top of the other. I shot the top 1 down and the wreckage fell onto the 2nd taking it out aswell. Very Happy

not exactly on topic but i would have to say thats pretty funny, if only you know it was coming and you had a camera lol.
avatar
SergeantHatredx
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 113
Kills : 11493
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by frinker_ on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:09 am

i've had this happen to me.
i got a chopper gunner on Scrapyard and as it was flying in the harrier started shooting missiles at me and my apache got taken out before it even reached the map
avatar
frinker_
Private
Private

Sniper

Posts : 6
Kills : 10942
Join date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by II 21 GUNS II on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:08 pm

I think that the Harrier should only be able to stop the Cobra... The Pave Low would be stretching it. Because really, now... A jet that shoots a turret, rather than a mounted MG in a Chopper... Especially when that Chopper has ARMOR. God. A Pave Low and Apache are really good killstreaks, and shouldn't be ended by someone who has achieved a killstreak LESS than theirs. Or even better, got one out of a Care Package. At least the AC130 is invulnerable to it, and can easily take it out. I wish the same was true to at least the Apache, as you can control it.

II 21 GUNS II
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 16
Kills : 10970
Join date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Unstoppable Ace on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

The shooting down of other aircraft is the only realistic thing about MW2 harriers, seeing as they're fighter jets as opposed to anti infantry gunships.

Unstoppable Ace
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

UK Flag

Posts : 117
Kills : 11492
Join date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by JattPavit on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

II 21 GUNS II wrote:I think that the Harrier should only be able to stop the Cobra... The Pave Low would be stretching it. Because really, now... A jet that shoots a turret, rather than a mounted MG in a Chopper... Especially when that Chopper has ARMOR. God. A Pave Low and Apache are really good killstreaks, and shouldn't be ended by someone who has achieved a killstreak LESS than theirs. Or even better, got one out of a Care Package. At least the AC130 is invulnerable to it, and can easily take it out. I wish the same was true to at least the Apache, as you can control it.

Well missles could probably take down a pave low.
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 11626
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Harrier destroying other aircrafts

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum