WePlayCoD


Welcome to WePlayCoD, where we're bringing Call of Duty fans on Twitter together. Check us out on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/WePlayCoD.

Feel free to register and participate in our discussions about all things Call of Duty. Otherwise, enjoy the information and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Latest topics
» WePlayCoD Forums Are Moving
by WePlayCoD Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

» Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
by SephirothTM Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

» Shadow Company
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

» *[Multi-Division Clan recruiting]*
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

» aXXo clan
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

» Turtle Beach Problem
by SergeantHatredx Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am

» First look at next Call of Duty this friday on GameTrailers
by Horrorman Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

» Whats some of your ideas on new maps?
by kingchris20 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

» Weapon Attatchments
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

» Kill streaks?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

» Camping SOB's
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 pm

» aXXo clan 3-0
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

» SNpr clan looking for snipers
by Da_otherfishes Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

» Wats ur best K/D ratio?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

» Best Gun On MW2 So Far....?
by Bevo2506 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:00 pm

» Whats up weplayCoD Commun.
by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am

» Animated Avatar
by Mr JM Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

» MY Level
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm

» ALL-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

» CoD4 server with MW2 weapons :)
by MaTtKs Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

» wats ur fav Mw2 perk & gun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

» Flash vs Stun?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

» Any1 Wanna Clan War?
by Bevo2506 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 pm

» Heads Up!
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

» MW2 Recruitment
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am

» New Member to the site, love it
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

» How long does it take you to prestige?
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

» All-Around Gaming Site
by IDONTEAT Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

» Gameplay Videos
by lokifeyson Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

» What is the Best Sniper in MW2?
by IDONTEAT Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am


free web counter

Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by DitkaKenobi on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:35 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6245073.html

Unconfirmed reports say Infinity Ward is letting another Activision studio handle Call of Duty in order to focus on all-new IP; new Bay Area shop floated as top suspect.

What we heard: In July 2008, Infinity Ward announced that its top developers had signed a long-term contract with Activision. Besides involving presumably large monetary sums, the deal allowed the Santa Monica studio to branch out from the Call of Duty series it created in 2002 to work on a "unique new IP."

Now, with Call of Duty franchise sales topping $3 billion, unconfirmed reports indicate Infinity Ward may be focusing on its mystery project. Citing "US Insiders," the UK site says that Activision has farmed out development of the sequel to the megahit Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which minted $550 million in 5 days last November.

If Infinity Ward is indeed moving onto its Next Big Thing, who might take over such an important franchise as Modern Warfare? Citing more unnamed sources, VG247 has two suspects: An unnamed Canadian studio, or Sledgehammer Games, Activision's newly founded San Francisco Bay Area studio.

Sledgehammer seems the more likely suspect, given that it has publically said it is working on a "new game based on one of Activision's existing franchises." It is also currently hiring lead online multiplayer designers who must have at least "five years experience working on current AAA multiplayer shooters for current consoles and PC." Then there's the shop's sterling pedigree: Its two founders, Glenn Schofield and Michael Condrey, were the main minds behind Electronic Arts' acclaimed Dead Space series before Activision poached them last July.

The official story: Activision reps had not returned requests for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus?: It's certainly in the realm of possibility, since Call of Duty development has been farmed out before. Since 2006, former Spider-Man developer Treyarch has made World War II-themed entries in the series while Infinity Ward crafted the first two Modern Warfares. Also, after eight years of Call of Duty, the latter studio's über-talented development team is likely ready to try something completely different.
avatar
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 372
Kills : 13338
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by slack0matic on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Wow im not sure if I like this..... I would hate for someone else to make mw3 or any cod game. The chances are high that controls and everything would be changed if another company takes over.
avatar
slack0matic
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 143
Kills : 12061
Join date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by o Taffy Apple x on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah imagine the whole layout changing man, that would fcuk me right over,lol
avatar
o Taffy Apple x
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 377
Kills : 12980
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by kingchris20 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey Im all for it, they are indeed talented and I wouldn't mind seeing what else they have up there sleeves. I know when COD4 came out it was just pure amazement, but when MW2 came out, yes it was a vast imporvement for the most part, but it was mostly "been there done that", I'm definitely ready to see what else IW can do.
avatar
kingchris20
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 370
Kills : 13263
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by lawtondannyboy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 pm

I personally like it. Infinity Ward IMO is the best studio I have ever known. Imagine them creating a new series/game. That would blow my mind away in a good way.
avatar
lawtondannyboy
Captain
Captain

Schooled

Posts : 533
Kills : 13836
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://weplaycod.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by o Taffy Apple x on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 am

Fingers and toes crossed
avatar
o Taffy Apple x
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 377
Kills : 12980
Join date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by JattPavit on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 am

F. sledgehammer games, I only by Infinity ward, Treyarch shooters. If they make the next Modern Warfare chances are I wont buy it. But then again Infinity Ward designing something new would be interesting.
avatar
JattPavit
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sniper

Posts : 155
Kills : 12318
Join date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Gosu71 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:35 am

I read somewhere that IW might be working a massisvely multiplayer version of Call of Duty. But don't quote me on that
avatar
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 210
Kills : 12751
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by DitkaKenobi on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:37 am

Gosu71 wrote:I read somewhere that IW might be working a massisvely multiplayer version of Call of Duty. But don't quote me on that

I read that, too. I think it was on Gamespot. Not really sure how that would work, but I'll give anything a chance.
avatar
DitkaKenobi
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zawwwmbie

Posts : 372
Kills : 13338
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Gosu71 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:02 am

DitkaKenobi wrote:
Gosu71 wrote:I read somewhere that IW might be working a massisvely multiplayer version of Call of Duty. But don't quote me on that

I read that, too. I think it was on Gamespot. Not really sure how that would work, but I'll give anything a chance.

If it was to happen, then I would assume it would be a payed subscription game as Activision know the popularity of the CoD name and would be onto a licence to print money spinner.
avatar
Gosu71
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

UK Flag

Posts : 210
Kills : 12751
Join date : 2009-08-31

http://www.prestigegamerz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

DitkaKenobi wrote:
Gosu71 wrote:I read somewhere that IW might be working a massisvely multiplayer version of Call of Duty. But don't quote me on that

I read that, too. I think it was on Gamespot. Not really sure how that would work, but I'll give anything a chance.
It would most likely be better then MAG. Anything is better then that Lag Machine.
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Jam_-_Jar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:57 pm

If IW are like any modern day company I don't think this will be the last of them.

MW1 sold around 10 million copies which is about $350 million
MW2 has made around a $1 billion (estimation)
MW3: $ 2 billion ++?

If IW have any sense they would realise that the COD franchise is worth a massive amount and my giving it away they could potentially be losing a lot of money.

What I think will happen is they will give this RPG to Blizzard (who make WoW and IW own.) This means that it is likely to be a success which will generate a huge amount of money, maybe up there with WoW. While Blizzard work on this IW will start to make MW3..

Jam_-_Jar
Corporal
Corporal

Pink Scar

Posts : 35
Kills : 11688
Join date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Jam_-_Jar wrote:If IW are like any modern day company I don't think this will be the last of them.

MW1 sold around 10 million copies which is about $350 million
MW2 has made around a $1 billion (estimation)
MW3: $ 2 billion ++?

If IW have any sense they would realise that the COD franchise is worth a massive amount and my giving it away they could potentially be losing a lot of money.

What I think will happen is they will give this RPG to Blizzard (who make WoW and IW own.) This means that it is likely to be a success which will generate a huge amount of money, maybe up there with WoW. While Blizzard work on this IW will start to make MW3..
I like your point. But I don't want my Call of Duty Games having Graphics like World Of Warcraft.
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Jam_-_Jar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 am

Only for the COD RPG. MW3 i hope would avoid WoW graphics.

Jam_-_Jar
Corporal
Corporal

Pink Scar

Posts : 35
Kills : 11688
Join date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 am

Jam_-_Jar wrote:Only for the COD RPG. MW3 i hope would avoid WoW graphics.
I don't even want my Call of Duty... Wait. Did you say RPG? When will Call of Duty ever be a Role Playing Game? Do you mean MMO? Anyway, I don't want my Call of Duty MMO to have suckish Graphics like World Of Warcraft, and I hell of don't want to pay $10 a month to play it.
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Horrorman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 am

MajorRod wrote:
Jam_-_Jar wrote:Only for the COD RPG. MW3 i hope would avoid WoW graphics.
I don't even want my Call of Duty... Wait. Did you say RPG? When will Call of Duty ever be a Role Playing Game? Do you mean MMO? Anyway, I don't want my Call of Duty MMO to have suckish Graphics like World Of Warcraft, and I hell of don't want to pay $10 a month to play it.

yep same here, that´s why i never played WoW...i don´t want to pay twice, for my ISP and then for to play online again...
avatar
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Posts : 378
Kills : 12910
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 am

Horrorman wrote:
MajorRod wrote:
Jam_-_Jar wrote:Only for the COD RPG. MW3 i hope would avoid WoW graphics.
I don't even want my Call of Duty... Wait. Did you say RPG? When will Call of Duty ever be a Role Playing Game? Do you mean MMO? Anyway, I don't want my Call of Duty MMO to have suckish Graphics like World Of Warcraft, and I hell of don't want to pay $10 a month to play it.

yep same here, that´s why i never played WoW...i don´t want to pay twice, for my ISP and then for to play online again...
Well Xbox Live is the same thing. You pay for your ISP and then you pay for Gold Service on your Xbox.
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Jam_-_Jar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Some people don't always buy a game because its brilliant, sometimes because of the developer.

Want an example?

MW2.

Jam_-_Jar
Corporal
Corporal

Pink Scar

Posts : 35
Kills : 11688
Join date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Jam_-_Jar wrote:Some people don't always buy a game because its brilliant, sometimes because of the developer.

Want an example?

MW2.
So I guess we are disregarding the fact that Modern Warfare 2 has sold over $1 Billion in sales?
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Horrorman on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm

MajorRod wrote:
Jam_-_Jar wrote:Some people don't always buy a game because its brilliant, sometimes because of the developer.

Want an example?

MW2.
So I guess we are disregarding the fact that Modern Warfare 2 has sold over $1 Billion in sales?

i think a lot of people wouldn´t buy the game anymore, if they would have known what they get for their money !? (hacks, cheats, glitches...)
avatar
Horrorman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Hello

Posts : 378
Kills : 12910
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Unstoppable Ace on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 pm

DitkaKenobi wrote:
Gosu71 wrote:I read somewhere that IW might be working a massisvely multiplayer version of Call of Duty. But don't quote me on that

I read that, too. I think it was on Gamespot. Not really sure how that would work, but I'll give anything a chance.

Not sure how it would work? My money's on a planetside style game. Especially seeing as SOE are currently developing Planetside 2. IW can make a fortune purely by having the "Modern Warfare" label on there and probably totally overshadow Planetside 2's launch/publicity.

Bring on the battle of the MMOFPS's!

Unstoppable Ace
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

UK Flag

Posts : 117
Kills : 12184
Join date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Jam_-_Jar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

MajorRod wrote:
Jam_-_Jar wrote:Some people don't always buy a game because its brilliant, sometimes because of the developer.

Want an example?

MW2.
So I guess we are disregarding the fact that Modern Warfare 2 has sold over $1 Billion in sales?

Okay not developer as of such but brand name. Modern Warfare was a huge success. So when a sequel comes out the people who bought the first one will buy the sequal. The people who didn't play MW1 but heard how good it was would go and buy the sequel. MW2 isn't an amazing game...

Jam_-_Jar
Corporal
Corporal

Pink Scar

Posts : 35
Kills : 11688
Join date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by MajorRod on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Jam_-_Jar wrote:
MajorRod wrote:
Jam_-_Jar wrote:Some people don't always buy a game because its brilliant, sometimes because of the developer.

Want an example?

MW2.
So I guess we are disregarding the fact that Modern Warfare 2 has sold over $1 Billion in sales?

Okay not developer as of such but brand name. Modern Warfare was a huge success. So when a sequel comes out the people who bought the first one will buy the sequal. The people who didn't play MW1 but heard how good it was would go and buy the sequel. MW2 isn't an amazing game...
It is still a pretty fun game. I do still love Modern Warfare 2, but I have stronger feelings for Battlefield Bad Company 2.
avatar
MajorRod
Captain
Captain

Bullet

Posts : 481
Kills : 13574
Join date : 2009-09-12

http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3850506

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by KAIZER SOSA on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 am

I for one am excited as to what type of new IP IW would make in the future but since the lackluster results of MW2's performance has soiled my view of them as "talented" developers I doubt it would be anything to lose sleep about.

More likely filled with unoriginal ideas and over excessive multi-player features to garner a wider audience in hopes of more cash just like MW2...

Meh...
avatar
KAIZER SOSA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Sniper

Posts : 269
Kills : 12906
Join date : 2009-09-13

http://www.tangodowngaming.com/forums/vbherald.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity Ward Done w/COD For Good???

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum